Saturday, June 6, 2020

Water, Earth, Fire, and Air Writing Prompts




Water

  1. The current pulled me down into its’ icy grip. I twisted and tumbled through the river,  banging against rocks along my way. 
  2. The waves crashed over me, pushing me under again. I came up spluttering, blinking the salty water from my eyes. My heart scrambled when I realized the boat was nowhere in sight.
  3. The waterfall shielded me from their view. I shivered as I stood in my wet clothes, tears dripping down my face. 
  4. After a moment’s hesitation, I reached my hand out. I jerked it back as a raindrop fell onto my palm. I couldn’t believe it, it really was raining.
  5. With a yell, I charged across the grass and tucked my legs as I jumped. I splashed into the pool. The cold water engulfed me.  
  6. I reached out my hand catching a large snowflake. I shivered as it turned into a puddle. Who knew beauty could be so cold and fleeting?

 Earth

  1. My hands scraped the warm earth as I dug a little hole.  I snatched the ____ from my pocket and dropped it into the hole. With a quick prayer, I quickly covered it back up.  
  2.  Dust blew into my face, clogging my mouth and making it hard to breathe. I shouldn’t be out here, but I couldn’t go back without him. I spat out the dirt and screamed his name again. 
  3. The crystals twinkled above me in the dark cave. The cold air prickled my neck as gazed around the cavernous space.  I've never felt so small and...
  4.  My nails dug into the dirt as I crawled through the narrow tunnel. I ground my teeth as  rocks cut into my knees, but I didn't dare slow down.
  5.  My breath came in great gasps as I reached for another hold on the slick mountain side. A  pebble tumbled down and hit my shoulder, but I didn’t dare watch it fall.

 Fire

  1.  With a sigh, I wet my finger and grasped at the candle’s flame. It's pretty light dance across the table illuminating the empty chair across from me.
  2.  My heart pounded as I ran to the window. My fingertips trembled as I covered my open mouth. Smoke poured out from the volcano; it had finally erupted.
  3.  Muttering under my breath, I pulled my chair closer to the fireplace. I tried to ignore the fact that she sat right next to me.  The fireplace crackled, illuminating her smile.
  4. The smell of cinnamon filled the kitchen I swiped the sweat from my forehead as I pulled more loaves  from the oven. I yelled as my hand hit the oven side. Could this day get worse?
  5. Tears streamed my face as the smoke blinded my view. The peaceful green forest had disappeared and Orange now surrounded me

 Air

  1. The soft breeze brushed my face. I sighed happily letting the warm breeze embrace me. I was free.
  2. I sucked in a breath. The cold air stinging my lungs. I bit my lip till I tasted blood. I would never let them see me cry.
  3. We swooped upward. The ground disappeared below us. I flung out my arms and tried to catch the cloud as we flew through. 
  4. I sucked in a breath that wasn't there. I wheezed struggling to get more air into my lungs. I banged on the wood, praying someone would hear me.

1 comment:

Fall Writing Frenzy 2023

  4. Image by  Ri Butov  from  Pixabay The Beekeeper’s Secret By Jakki Licare A bee zoomed over the thatched roof and rapped against the win...