Saturday, June 6, 2020

25 Sensory Writing Prompts

One of my favorite things to do is to take a few minutes out of my day and just journal. It allows my creativity to flow in an unrestricted manner. I don't have to worry about setting limitations, character development or plot. So, I hope these prompts help free some of your creative energy.





Smell

  1. The dog’s ears perked as he scented something I could not
  2. His body odor reeked making me
  3. The minty smell filled the house and calmed my frayed nerves 
  4. The sweet smell wafted out of the window making me want to
  5. I wrinkled my nose at the strong smell of bleach.
  6. I hurried as the smell of burnt

    Hearing

    1. The mosquitos buzzed outside masking the sound of
    2. The bass of the music vibrated my whole body
    3. Underwater, I couldn’t hear anything
    4. Her shouting hurt my ears, I wish I could
    5. The clicking of utensils was the only sound at the table
    6. The whistle broke the silence 

      Taste 

      1. The water sprayed my face. I liked my lips tasting its saltiness
      2. The sweet food burned my throat as I swallowed it whole
      3. I jerked my head backwards as the bitter liquid hit my throat
      4. I laughed as his face puckered from the sour taste of...

      Touch

      1. The rough bark scraped my hands as I
      2. The soft towel rubbed my cheek as I
      3. My hand stuck to the sticky substance that coated the 
      4. I burnt my fingers as I
      5. My toes froze as I dipped down into

        Sight


        1. The darkness was impenetrable, I could only make out
        2. The light from the ______ blinded me.
        3. From the corner of my eye, I saw a blur of movement. I now knew I wasn’t alone
        4. I crashed into it, completely unaware of how close I was.

        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Fall Writing Frenzy 2023

          4. Image by  Ri Butov  from  Pixabay The Beekeeper’s Secret By Jakki Licare A bee zoomed over the thatched roof and rapped against the win...